Data Models Data Dictionary
Here we will study about Data Models Data Dictionary and their advantages :
The models that are used to describe the logical structure of data processed by the system are known as data models.
- An entity-relation-attribute model sets out the entities in the system, the relationships between these entities and the entity attributes.
- Widely used in database design.
- Can readily be implemented using relational databases.
- No specific notation provided in the UML but objects and associations can be used.
An example of data model can be shown by drawing the Library semantic model as shown below:
Fig: Library semantic model
The set of information describing the contents, format, and structure of a database and the relationship between its elements, used to control access to and manipulation of the database are known as data dictionaries.
- Are the lists of all of the names used in the system models.
- Descriptions of the entities, relationships and attributes are also included.
- Many CASE workbenches support data dictionaries.
- Support name management and avoid duplication.
- Store of organizational knowledge linking analysis, design and implementation.
Data Models Data Dictionary are explained with their advantages.
190 total views, 1 views today
A Soon-to-be Computer Engineer by profession, he has profound devotion to add Data Scientist as a prefix to his name. He’s been to the nooks of the web (at least of the surface web) and planning to add some real figures in his pocket!