Here we will be discussing on the various software characteristics and the the software quality attributes.
The characteristic of the software can be written as:
- Software is developed or engineered; it is not manufactured in classical paradigm.
- Time and effort for software development are hard to estimate.
- Software does not tear out.
- Software is malleable.
- Software construction is human intensive.
- It has discontinuous operational nature.
- Software components should be manufactured in such a way that is can be reused for various application.
Software quality attributes:
The software quality attributes has been given the acronym FURPS—functionality, usability, reliability, performance, and supportability.
The FURPS quality attributes represent a target for all software design:
- Functionality: Refers to the degree of performance of the software against its intended purpose.
- Usability: Refers to the extent to which the software can be used with ease.
- Reliability: Refers to the ability of the software to provide desired functionality under the given conditions.
- Performance: Is measured by considering processing speed, response time, resource consumption, throughput, and efficiency.
- Supportability: Refers to the ease with which software developers can transfer software from one platform to another, without (or with minimum) changes.
242 total views, 1 views today
A Soon-to-be Computer Engineer by profession, he has profound devotion to add Data Scientist as a prefix to his name. He’s been to the nooks of the web (at least of the surface web) and planning to add some real figures in his pocket!